The plugin has 5 basic tabs – Posts Editor, Settings, Meta Fields, History, Help and 3 operating tabs: Filters, Bulk Edit, Export. All basic operations are performed in the first tab Posts Editor.
This is main tab and all other are services for this one. 2 first columns always visible – checkboxes and posts ID and its not possible to disable them or change their order, last columns with 2 blue buttons also not possible to disable or reorder.
Using checkbox is possible to select one or more posts. To select some posts select first one, then press SHIFT button on your keyboard and select last one. The same way working deselection of the posts – deselect first one and pressing SHIFT button on your keyboard select last post to deselect all posts between them.
Selecting post by chekboxes allows you to set posts which values are possible to change using Bulk Editor tab form and also if to enable ‘binded editing‘ it is possible to change any value in any one selected posts and the same value will be set to all another selected posts.
Also after selecting posts in the tools panel will be appeared some new blue buttons as: duplicate posts, remove posts, uncheck all selected posts.
- Set full width – allows to hide/show wp-admin navigation sidebar
- Columns profile – allows saving and load columns profiles which helps load necessary columns structure and their order instantly. Convenient with bulk editing and export different set of posts data.
- Filter profiles – allows saving current combination of the filter to play it in future without selecting items in the Filters tab
- New posts – creates new empty posts
- binded editing – In this mode to the all selected posts will be set the value of a post field which been edited.
- Duplicate posts – allows to duplicate (clone) selected posts.
- Remove posts – allows to remove selected posts. If you by mistake removed some posts you can revert them back in on the posts trash page here wp-admin/edit.php?post_status=trash&post_type=post
- Uncheck all selected posts – deselect all selected posts
- Per page – set how many posts display per page, max value is 100.
Last column with 2 blue buttons allows to see the post on the front and also edit post on its edit page as you did it before installing WPBE.
All fields has attached interactive elements which allows edit its value by click on it. The simplest is textinput attached to such column as title. Click on it one time, enter new value and press Enter button to save and complete editing. All columns can be enabled or disabled in tab Settings. All another interactive elements are simple and intuitive. The plugin has about ~20 different predefined columns.
A lot of fields can be ordered by their values.
ATTENTION: WPBE works with PHP from 5.4 to 7.3 and its recommended to use PHP 7.x.x. Also do not show all system columns on the page on the same time as its possible to get 500 server error because of memory overloading – use columns you need for the current operation, the more – profile system allows to switch between “predefined columns set” very quickly (columns profile button). Also by the plugin design to avoid memory overloading, maximum posts per page is 100. You can edit as all posts in the site on the same time using tab Bulk Edit, so you can filter posts by Filters and then bulk edit only filtered posts. As the system uses rich interactive elements its takes more server resources from one side, but from another its provides reliability, compatibility and high managing possibilities for your site post data.
If you edited data in some posts and decided that you entered wrong data it is possible to roll back changes in tab History.
If you need edit meta fields generated by any plugins (for example SEO meta title of any SEO-plugin) use tab Meta Fields to add new meta keys, save, select them in tab Settings and press save button – now all them are visible and ready for editing in the Posts Editor. Usually a meta field has long key, so to avoid making its column too wide in tab Meta Fields set short title for the meta key.